14 November 2016
Surprise! My three Supernatural Hunter stories starring the Jaz and Blake duo are now combined into one collection titled Chronicles of a Teen Supernatural Hunter.
The stories included are as follows:
- Short story Darkness Becomes Him previously published in Prom Dates to Die For
- Short Story Mermania previously published in Something Wicked
- Supernatural Hunters previously published as a standalone novella is no longer available separately.
Here’s the blurb and the new cover…
Life was never dull as a teenage supernatural hunter.
Teen supernatural hunters Jaz and Blake are orphans, who don’t know where they’ve come from or how they have descended from the magical bloodline of hunters. Oz is a powerful Warlock and mentor who has taken in Jaz and Blake to teach them the ways of their destiny. Here are their magical adventures in two entertaining short stories and one novella. . .
In “Darkness Becomes Him” Jaz and Blake are hired to track a dark angel hungry for souls.
In “Mermania” Jaz is bitten and things are getting fishy around Chapel Hill.
In Jaz and Blake’s novella, Supernatural Hunters, one of Oz’s previous students returns to Chapel Hill. Marco is a world-traveling hunter, asking for help to battle something they have never battled before: a Necromancer. Could this be the reason ghouls have been causing havoc around town? As Jaz and Blake attempt to follow the clues of the dead, they are faced with Blake considering leaving Jaz and Oz for greater hunting adventures. While Jaz discovers she could be the one the Necromancer really wants. Is this the end of Jaz and Blake?
I’m very happy to have all three stories together for readers to follow along on Jaz and Blake’s adventures. Will I write more Supernatural Hunter stories? It depends on you, the reader! If you enjoy the series share your thoughts on Amazon reviews or Goodreads or even twitter or your blog. Let me know that you would love more adventures and I’ll do my best to write another story for the series.
Thanks and happy reading!
22 August 2016
So the time is finally here, my young adult novel INVISIBLE TOUCH is back for readers!
It is the same mysterious paranormal story with Kara and Anthony and her BFF Danielle, with a brand new cover for the digital reissue. And it’s confession time as I tend to do here on my blog…
- The rights to Touch were giving back to me a few years ago. That means the publisher no longer had the right to publish my book any more. I did. But all by myself? *gulp*
- The reason it took some time to reissue Touch as an eBook is because I did not know how. Until Amazon came around and said you can publish your own books now! Here are the steps! *woo hoo* But…how again, exactly?
- First, I took some writing time off and since I didn’t know how to publish an ebook or use Amazon’s program, Touch just sat there collecting dust. My other author friends were totally rocking it, reissuing their own works and hiring people to do it for them. Literary agents were getting into the game and becoming publishers themselves! Hot damn!
- I finally told myself, “Kelly, just research, learn, and ask a bunch of annoying questions. You’re a creative hobbyist too remember, so start playing with cover designs. Take a month to edit your novel and get it on Amazon.” So I did, and I’m so happy I finally did it!
- A print version is in the works…because now I have to figure out how to do that too! And that takes time, peeps.
- Am I going to totally self-publish now that I reissued Touch? Um, maybe! Haha. My next release will be a romance novella, which is a romance story that is a shorter version than a full-length novel. My plan is to self-pub when I finish, however, I can always change my mind and submit the story to a publisher. I shall keep you posted on that front, peeps!
In the mean time, read an excerpt here, buy an eBook here, spread the love and share my tweet here or on FB!
16 April 2016
I’m back on the blogging scene with author interviews! Two years ago I closed YA FRESH, interviews and talk about young adult fiction. The blog had lasted 7 lovely years, but it had run its course.
I really haven’t written much in the last 2 years. Now I’ve committed myself to start writing again, and blogging has always helped me to do just that. Sharing, writing, researching and yes, talking with other writers.
So I have launched my new baby, THE FRESH FILES. Books. Authors. Freshness.
Yes, I had to get my “fresh” back in there. It’s such a fun word, people. *wink*
My first guest is YA author and Literary Writer, Sean Beaudoin! Fun stuff and cool guy! Comments are open on The Fresh Files so let me know what you think!
6 May 2015
Recently I participated in a local event brought to you by the Salinas Circle for Children called CHALK IN THE PARK. A wonderful, feel good annual event, with artists of all ages drawing chalk art on squares sponsored by businesses to raise funds for local children with special needs. There were food and craft vendors, live music, and just a peaceful vibe throughout the day. Unfortunately I was under the weather, but managed four hours to draw my koi fish! Working with chalk was a new and fun learning experience.
Thanks for Smith & Cowell Insurance for sponsoring my square and for donating to a wonderful cause. I hope to participate again in the future.
18 January 2015
New Year. New website design. New me?
It’s time to change things around here. It’s time to share more than my love of books with you. Time to share my love of expressing myself through creative projects. I felt I could only share my writing on my website, leaving pretty much dead air on the blog.
I guess I forgot I was my own boss there for a minute.
So Happy Creative 2015, friends and readers.
Follow me on Pinterest and on Society 6.