Invisible Touch Reissue
So the time is finally here, my young adult novel INVISIBLE TOUCH is back for readers!
It is the same mysterious paranormal story with Kara and Anthony and her BFF Danielle, with a brand new cover for the digital reissue. And it’s confession time as I tend to do here on my blog…
- The rights to Touch were giving back to me a few years ago. That means the publisher no longer had the right to publish my book any more. I did. But all by myself? *gulp*
- The reason it took some time to reissue Touch as an eBook is because I did not know how. Until Amazon came around and said you can publish your own books now! Here are the steps! *woo hoo* But…how again, exactly?
- First, I took some writing time off and since I didn’t know how to publish an ebook or use Amazon’s program, Touch just sat there collecting dust. My other author friends were totally rocking it, reissuing their own works and hiring people to do it for them. Literary agents were getting into the game and becoming publishers themselves! Hot damn!
- I finally told myself, “Kelly, just research, learn, and ask a bunch of annoying questions. You’re a creative hobbyist too remember, so start playing with cover designs. Take a month to edit your novel and get it on Amazon.” So I did, and I’m so happy I finally did it!
- A print version is in the works…because now I have to figure out how to do that too! And that takes time, peeps.
- Am I going to totally self-publish now that I reissued Touch? Um, maybe! Haha. My next release will be a romance novella, which is a romance story that is a shorter version than a full-length novel. My plan is to self-pub when I finish, however, I can always change my mind and submit the story to a publisher. I shall keep you posted on that front, peeps!